27 February 2014

i'm sure i'm not the very worst mother in the world

But if I read one more facebook update, blog post, Instagram or hear another actual human mother say the likes of "The baby's growing too fast / stop time / freeze the kids from growing / stay this way forever" I just might throw my phone. At you.
On a more turquoisey note, this kitchen carpet is so oddly resilient. This morning Calvin dumped a half a jug of maple syrup on it and now you'd never even know--even though I cleaned it out contact-less and after waking up four times in the night thanks to pretty Norahface (as is the custom). There have been all sorts of disasters and it is really none too worse for the wear. But don't kid yourself, carpet, still begone.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh boy. I'm all about loving (parts of) the stage your child is in, but I can't ever bring myself to want them to stay that way forever! I mean, won't 6 years old be super cool too? And 8 and 10 and 14? Let em grow! :-) also, you are amazing for cleaning the carpet contactless on so little sleep/dont children do terrible things sometimes? It is astounding!

Michelle said...

I hear you! Too bad we can't hang out during our long nights together with our infants.

julis said...

You probably got it from me. I wasn't ever a cherishing the babies type (although I was glad for the actual kid, I usually was fine with them growing up and out). Now that I don't have five kids under the age of eight at home, I'm okay with it.

melissa said...

well, i do cherish the babyness, but i just don't want it to last forever. which is probably the same as what you said.